Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can you use J&S Ultra with a programmable ECU?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member quadlamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2001
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am sure this is a newbie question, but can you combine a J&S Ultra with a programmable system? Would they conflict with each other, or do you somehow have to establish precedence of control?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member falconGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2000
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The J&S will work with a PECU. People have done it. The J&S intercepts signals from the motor/ECU. It will work fine. The Ultra's timing control with a PECU is a bit redundant though. You could have the same functionality out of an old J&S....if you have full control of your timing curve within the PECU.

    Some of these new ECU solutions coming out are neat, but they don't allow the user to program them (so you really don't have personal control of your timing curve). you have to take it to a shop. (I am talking about The Program, aka the Unichip). For the cost, I want to adjust timing / fuel myself cause I like to tweak.

    Joe


    [This message has been edited by falconGSR (edited April 24, 2001).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member philo_si's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2001
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the Hondata stage 4 and have used the safeguard & u-safeguard. The whole detonation issues becomes a lot less relevant after you tune your timing maps.

    I know, I know, bad gas, hot day, tuning mistakes, etc, etc, but since I tuned mine I have not even had a hint of knock, not a peep. I never achieved that with either safeguard.

    If you have a spare $700 laying around, be my guest. Otherwise just get a good programmable ECU.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member B20C5 Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quadlamp:
    I am sure this is a newbie question, but can you combine a J&S Ultra with a programmable system? Would they conflict with each other, or do you somehow have to establish precedence of control?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    It works fine.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member onebadb20's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2001
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey i live in houston and would like to check
    out the hondata system u have ??? could that be possible philo si

  6. #6
    Inactive Member philo_si's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2001
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onebadb20:
    hey i live in houston and would like to check
    out the hondata system u have ??? could that be possible philo si
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    no problem, just email me [email protected]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •